Aptos Thread LiftAptos is a minimally invasive thread for face and body lifting contouring and rejuvenation.
- Mild to moderate sagging
- Loss of tissue volume
- Development of fine lines and wrinkles
- Sagging eyebrows
- Sagging midface
- Thinning of the lips
- Hollows under the eye
- Patients with a relapse from previous surgery
- Neck lift
- Skin dehydration
Renovating beauty without boundaries
In 1966 Aptos was the first manufacturer of barbed suture in the world manufactured in Moscow Russia. Made of polylactic acid, caprolactone and hyaluronic acid. Aptos threads allow doctors to achieve the effects of plastic surgery without the anaesthesia, incisions and long recovery time.
These threads absorb up to 50% for the first 1.5 years although the lifting effect is kept for 2 years. It has excellent fixation without loss of thread strength.
Due to the composition the biodegration is slowed down and the duration is increased. Barbs are fixed to the tissues.
After the thread is inserted it stimulates a body reaction under the skin which produces fibroblasts which produce collagen type I which is the skeleton of the dermis and enhances strength and collagen type III and elastin which leads to long lasting fresh results and tissue hydration.
The hyaluronic acid reduces inflammatory reactions in the body, speeds up rehabilitation time and reduces risk. Clinically this results in instant lifting but also significantly improved skin texture.
Advantages of Aptos Thread Lifts
- Minimally invasive procedure: no incisions or stitches
- Only requires local anaesthetic
- Minimal downtime
- Little or no side effects
- Overall improvement in skin quality
- Immediate visible results
- Dual action :lifting and rejuvenating
- Significant results from 1.5 to 2 years
- Safe to use with other aesthetic procedures such as dermal filler
- Individual assessment required
Ce and FDA Approved
- Received numerous awards including best tightening threads 2016/2017
- 4 trophies
- 50 methods
- More than 30 threads
- 18 patents
* Results of the treatments I perform do vary from person to person. I do NOT guarantee results or that results may be achievable for everyone. I will discuss your expectations, outcomes and risks (if any) during your consultation. Please refer to my Full Disclaimer for more information.
Make an Appointment
If you are interested in undergoing an Aptos Thread Lift then please call the rooms now on 011 616 4040 and make an appointment. The staff will fit you in at your soonest convenience.
78 Van Der Linde Road,
Get Aptos Thread Lift Information
You Deserve to Look & Feel Your Best!
Dr Botha offers tailor made solutions in a private setting where confidentiality is of the utmost importance.